VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Transfer Dialgic Dmv600

Hi

Dialogic V6

My dialogic and voiceguide work well accept I can't do call transfers.

I have looked in the help file and can not find the section to amend in the dialogic config file before rebuilding it.

Please see attached config file and trace.

regards

Tony

0305tw.txt

On T1/E1 ISDN lines you must use "Dial and Conference" type transfers.

When a "Dial and Conference" type transfer is made VoiceGuide will dial the destination number on another channel and then connect/bridge the current call to the new call.

'Hookflash' type transfers can only be made on analog lines.

In the UK, we connect voice systems to PBX's using an E1 circuit but using DPNSS protocols. One of the features of this protocol is "route optimisation".

This is where a call comes in to the voice system on channel 1, and an outgoing call is made on channel 2. When this connects the call is bridged, connecting channel 1 and 2 together, but once this happens the DPNSS channels "route optimise" in that the call is bridged back at the PABX and the two voice channels become free again. The PABX then handles the rest of the call progress, dropping out once the two parties have hung up.

This works really well with another application generator we use, as it has the potential to route thousands of calls using only 30 channels, because once the call is set up the two voice channels become free again, and able to take another call.

Is this something that we could acheive with Voiceguide?

Dialogic claims to have support for DPNSS Call Transfers, but have not seen any information on whether the Dialogic DPNSS drivers support or don't support the "route optimization" feature you describe.

If you could you post the relevant section of the DPNSS specification which describes this feature we could ask Dialogic if it is supported.